After picking this big bold WordPress theme to show off my photography, I had to come up with a picture for the header. I’d just done my first photo shoot with the library and was so excited. Trying to get the dolls, the furniture, the walls, the art, and god forbid don’t forget the floor, into the shot……was just tiring. But, once I’d created a Steampunk outfit, hat, and goggles for Angie, I decided less was more. She looks really cute in her new outfit and I like the humor and playfulness that Steampunk can add (when you’re not fighting giant squids , of course). There’s plenty of time to do complex shots with lots of stuff to take in………but not there……not at the top of the page…..at least not for now. A nice vintage looking damask wallpaper would be perfect.
The first version was done using a color that, in hindsight, was too dark…to much the color of her hat, which was visually lost. I wanted a really old faded look. Here’s the photo I took to check how it looked. Although interesting, it was just too much.
Trying again with a really really watered down lighter version, I got a wallpaper that would stay in the background and not compete with all the other stuff in the shot. Be sure to mix enough of the color you want to work with so you don’t run out midway through and have to remix. Or, be a smarty pants and take notes on the recipe so you can reproduce it if necessary. As you can see, from the uncropped version, I only created enough of it to get the shot, so it was a pretty quick process.
I think she’s a young Victorian woman, waiting in the library, for her beau to pick her up in his new steam powered motor car….no…no wait….she’s a young Victorian woman waiting in the library for her new steam powered motor car to be delivered by the cute salesman. Ciao!